Do you need help changing your User Name in Outlook?
If you use Microsoft Outlook to access your email, contacts, or calendar at work or at home, you know that there are a lot useful little features built in to help you save time while you tackle your to-do list. One such feature is that Outlook will automatically fill in your name when you start typing it. But what if you never set your User name, or maybe you set it, but now wish to change it to something else. There is an easy fix for that, so read on to find out more!
How to change your User Name in Outlook…
In order to change your User Name in Outlook, please follow along with the following step by step instructions:
- Open Microsoft Outlook, and click on the orange colored “File” tab on the top left corner of your menu bar.
- Select “Options” on the left side – it will be toward the bottom of your list.
- You will now see a window appear labelled “Outlook Options” similar to the one shown below.
- Under the “Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office” heading, you’ll see a field where you can change your User Name in Outlook as well as any other Office products you have installed. Highlight and delete any existing text in that field, and type in the new User Name you wish to use.
- When finished, press “OK”.
[important]Although the above procedure directs you to change your user name in Outlook under the “Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office” heading, this does not ALWAYS actually change your User Name for any other installed Microsoft Office products. There is a bit of a glitch if you will within this setting that if you only change one or two letters in the User Name field (for example – adding your middle initial), it will not replicate this change to your other Microsoft Office products. Your best bet to avoid further headaches is to always fully erase and retype your User Name if you need to make a change to it.[/important]
Was this Tech Help article on changing your User Name in Outlook helpful?
If you found this article to be helpful to you, please let me know by clicking the “Thank You” button below, adding your comments, or rating this article using the five stars at the beginning of the article. If this article did not help you find the answer you were looking for, than please leave a comment, or send me an e-mail for further help, and I will be happy to assist you further!
– By Jim Sabellico